Every year over 5,000 Americans die as a result of burns to their body. For the many people who have suffered burn injuries they may be plagued by permanent scaring and disfigurement. Burn injuries involve many aspects of the body, including nerves, blood vessels, and muscles.
Many of these tragic fatalities and painful injuries could have been avoided if proper safety precaution had been taken. If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident that resulted in burns or scaring contact the Tucson personal injury lawyers at the Lara Law Firm, PLLC.
Tucson Burn Victim Lawyers
There are different levels of burn injuries, consisting of:
- 1st Degree Burn- This is the most common type of burn. 1st degree burns result in peeling and brief discoloration of the skin, but do not scar.
- 2nd Degree Burn- Results in blisters and redness of first and second layers of the skin. This type of burn is painful, but leaves a minimal amount of scaring.
- 3rd Degree Burn- This is the most severe type of burn. Nerve endings may be damaged and thick scars will appear. 3rd degree burns affect every layer of the skin.
- There are many different causes of burns, such as:
- Scald- when hot liquids, such as water or oil, touch the skin
- Flame- variety of causes, such as explosion, smoking, flammable fluids
- Contact- when the skin comes into contact with hot items
- Electrical- electrical outlets and live wires
- Chemical- typically takes place in industrial settings
- Ultraviolet- can occur in tanning beds or when in the sun for a prolonged period of time
- Inhalation injury- the inhalation of smoke or fumes during a fire
Burns and Scars
There are three different types of scars that are associated with burns. Keloid scars cover more area than that of the injury. Hypertrophic scars are thick and raised, and red in color. Contracture scars restrict movement of the body and result in permanent skin tightening.
The aftermath of a burn can be extremely painful and quite costly. A burn victim may require skin grafts (replacing burned skin with healthy skin from another part of the body), skin replacement (a temporary alternative to skin graft), physical therapy, and reconstructive surgery (to repair skin disfigurement and scaring).
The top Tucson burn victim lawyers at the Lara Law Firm, PLLC have experience in burn and scar cases and will walk you through the legal process to make it as easy as possible.
If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident that resulted in burns or scaring contact the scar victim attorneys at the Lara Law Firm, PLLC.
About Burn Injuries
When we hear about the subject of organ damage, we understand the potential seriousness of the situation. Many of us do not know, however, that our most extensive and arguably most important organ is our skin, serving many important and protective duties in our well-being. If the body is subjected to burn injury, it can create debilitating consequences.
Sadly, over 1.1 million people in the U.S. alone suffer burn injuries each year. Extensive pain and scarring can create life-changing and long-term medical needs and intense psychological trauma. If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident or fire that caused burn injuries, you may be eligible for monetary damages and a Tucson personal injury attorney can help provide you with skilled legal representation in this endeavor.
Burn injuries are generally classified in three categories: first, second and third degree. First degree burns are usually more minor and affect only the outer layer or skin, known as the epidermis. A common example of a first degree burn is something we have all experienced – sunburn. Sustaining a second degree burn will affect the epidermis and the layer below, leading to intense pain and blistering. And third degree burns, by far the most critical, affect all layers of the skin, causing discoloration, permanent scarring, nerve damage, excruciating pain and can even lead to death.
Burn Injury Lawyer in Tucson
When the negligence or careless behavior of another leads to a burn injury, it can inflict serious burn injuries and they must be held responsible for their actions or inactions. At Lara Law, we take each of the cases we represent personally, and will never charge attorney fees unless we successfully win your case or procure a settlement. We care about your legal rights and interests, and can help you focus on recovering from your physical injuries as we seek to make your financial interests whole.
Why delay in protecting yourself? Contact a Tucson Burn Injury Attorney as soon as possible to explore the legal options available to you.