Wrongful Death Attorney
Compassion, understanding, and excellence are some of the traits that a person should look for in a wrongful death lawyer. These traits are the traits that describe our attorneys and staff at the Lara Law Firm, PLLC. We care about Tucson families and understand that a loss in the family means never ending grief. We care about Arizona families and the loss of a loved one cannot be remedied in any manner.
Wrongful Death Damages
If the negligence or intentional conduct of another individual has lead to the death of your loved one, this is recognized as a wrongful death accident. If this has happened to your family member, please contact our law office for legal assistance.
We will work together to recover the monetary reparation that you deserve. As the survivor of your loved one, you may be able to recover damages in a wrongful death claim. Your experienced attorney is vital to make certain that the beneficiaries of the deceased receive the proper compensation for their losses.
In a wrongful death case, compensation may be awarded which is intended to aid the family of the victim. The reparation for which you may be entitled is for the compensation for:
- Costs related to medical and funeral services
- Lost benefits
- Lost financial support
- Lost love, companionship and advice
- Compensation in a wrongful death action is limited to “injury resulting from the death.” A.R.S. 12-613. Accordingly, a survivor may not recover for mental anguish resulting from the negligent acts of the defendant prior to the decedent’s death. Nor may a survivor recover for mental anguish resulting from actual or perceived pain and suffering experienced by the decedent during the time leading up to death because such period of time precedes the death of the decedent. Webster v. Windsong Med. Assocs., P.L.C. (Ariz. App. 2016).
- Punitive damages (if intentional or criminal negligence is found)
- Reimbursement for an Arizona property damage that has taken place
- Reimbursement for lost services normally provided to you by the decedent
The unexpected passing of a loved one may leave family members with expenses for all injuries treated such as hospital bills. You may be able to receive compensation for these expenses along with the compensation of your loved one’s lost wages and the loss of your loved one’s companionship.
Compassionate Wrongful Death Attorneys By Your Family’s Side
The attorneys at the Lara Law Firm, PLLC have handled wrongful death cases involving catastrophic automobile accidents, and construction accidents. We understand how devastating this loss can be and we are here to help you. If you have lost a loved one after an accident, please contact us today.
Compassionate Legal Assistance
When your family suffers the impact of the death of a loved one, it always is an incredible emotional burden. In the truly unfortunate occurrence of a wrongful death caused by the negligent or reckless behavior of another, this burden becomes even more immense. You can trust a caring Tucson personal injury attorney to provide the legal counsel you need to ensure your future needs and interests are addressed.
A wrongful death occurs when an accident, act of negligence, or other malicious misconduct leads to the death of another. Some more common instances that can lead to wrongful death are:
- Medical malpractice
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Railroad, bus or airplane accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Defective products
- Manslaughter, homicide or murder
- Pedestrian accidents
Wrongful Death Lawyer for the Loss of Your Loved One
A skilled attorney can help you through this difficult time, doing much needed work on determining what you are owed as monetary damages for your loss and taking the legal action needed to accomplish swift resolution.